aconica is an agency for audiovisual communication. We conceive, design and produce projects in the fields of interactive, multi-sensory marketing, sound branding, digital music, spatial scenography and classical communication: linear, generative, reactive, interactive.
- 15/02/14 "Mendelssohn Museum - Effektorium" Together with WHITEvoid and Bertron Schwarz Frey, we designed and produced an interactive multimedia installation for the reopening of the Mendelssohn-Haus museum.
"Reynolds Reynolds - The Lost"
Following our successful collaboration "Six Easy Pieces", we worked again on sound and music for Reynold Reynolds new art film "The Lost".
- 01/05/13 "GASAG Art Prize 2014 Nomination" We are pleased to announce that aconica co-founder Martin Backes is nominated for the GASAG Art Prize 2014.
"New Product - FIRE SCENE AT SET TIME"
We are happy to announce our first Max for Live plugin FIRE SCENE AT SET TIME is now available.
- 14/03/13 "Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation - Interactive audiovisual installation" A digital homage to »Gedankenscherz«, in which the visual and aural worlds of the 17th Century are explored interactively and intuitively.
- 10/03/13 "Duschmix - Landesmusikakademie Berlin" We did the technical design, development and implementation for the installation "Duschmix" at the “Klangwelten” festival
- 03/10/12 "University of Applied Sciences Berlin - Lectureship" Lectureship Sound Communication & Design course at the University of Applied Sciences Berlin
- 01/10/12 "Index: Award Nominee 2013" We`re pleased to announce Pixelhead is nominated for the prestigious INDEX: Award 2013 in the category ‘Community’.
- 20/08/12 "Linde Group - Generative Sound Installations + Sonic Staging" For the LINDE Group we developed and designed a few generative sound installations in the context of an their Management Conference 2012 in Shanghai.
- 18/08/12 "Süddeutsche Zeitung / Jetzt.de Interview" We are happy to announce that aconica co-founder Martin Backes was interviewed by the german newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung/Jetzt.de about his work Pixelhead.
- 01/08/12 "Pixelhead Limited Edition" The Fashion- & Design accessory Pixelhead, some call it artwork - we don`t know either, is now available as a limited Edition of 333 pieces.
- 02/05/12 "Max Richter, rAndom International & Wayne McGregor - FUTURE SELF" We worked together with Max Richter, rAndom International & Wayne McGregor on a performative light and sound installation called "Future Self".
"iZotope Inc. - IRIS"
Field Recording & Sound Design for the groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer Iris
- 10/02/12 "Sound Studies Lab HU Berlin - Research Assignment" aconica co-founder Max Schneider is part of the "Sound Studies Lab" research Team focussing on sound design methodology and functional sound design production
- 18/10/11 "THE LEO nomination for SIX EASY PIECES" Our Sound Direction for “Six Easy Pieces” is nominated for THE LEO at this year`s 25th Braunschweig International film festival.
- 20/09/11 "Petrina Hicks - HIPPY AND THE SNAKE - Sound Design" We have created the whole sound for Petrina Hicks's latest video installation "Hippy And The Snake".
"Agentur BEST FRIEND + Bayer HealthCare - Sound Cabaret"
We have developed and designed a interactive dance performance installation for public space as part of a viral marketing campaign.
- 06/07/11 "amp + aconica - Generative Sound Installation MINI 2021 (BMW Group)" For the brand MINI we developed and designed a generative sound collage/sound installation in the context of an internal management event called "Mini 2021".
- 20/01/11 "Reynold Reynolds - transmediale.11 Screening" Our cooperation with the director and video artist Reynold Reynolds will be shown at transmediale.11 in Berlin.